- Applicants should be familiar with the tools of data journalism. In particular, they should:
- Know how to use advanced spreadsheet functionalities such as pivot tables, filters and vertical lookups.
- Be keen to learn how to use Tableau data visualisation software
- Applicants should have an example of at least one story they’ve previously published using data journalism techniques in the news media.
Country of residence:
- Applicants must be residents of India or Kenya
- Applicants should self-identify as women or a minority gender
- Program activities will be conducted in English, and all participants will need fluency in spoken and written English to participate effectively in the program activities.
- Data Fellows can, of course, create their data products in any language but they will be expected to be able to share and explain their products in English so the rest of the group can understand and learn from what they’ve created.